- Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 Dated and Rated
- Atelier Meruru release month announced
- Dusk Maiden of Amnesia gets Anime on Spring 2012
- Riverside Lunar Festival Cosplay Fashion Show Tidbits
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 Dated and Rated
has announced that Hyperdimenion Neptunia Mk 2 is getting a European Release Date of February 24, 2012 and a North American release date of February 28th, 2012. It is also official that the game is rated Mature for fantasy violence, sexual themes, and language. The game had strong suggestive themes and costume design that was quite racy, the sequel ratchets up the sexual content compared to the original game.
The lead character of the sequel is Nepgear, Neptune's little sister. Her name is a reference to the successful Sega Game Gear that was the most successful rival to Nintendo's dominance until the Sony PSP was released. In the story, all the current Goddesses have been kidnapped and Nepgear must rally the candidate goddesses in Gameindustri to save them. The game features graphical upgrades, a racier storyline, and the great sense of humor that endeared many westerners to the franchise.
There is a limited edition box set that is only being sold in NIS America's online store. The box set includes a collectors box, a hardcover artbook, playing card deck, game OST, and of course the PS3 release of the game. All of it is available for $64.99 and if history is any indication it will sell out extremely fast. Look for a lengthy review from yours truly in Mid-March.
Here is the official North American website for Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2.
Atelier Meruru release month announced
Atelier Totori is one of the best games released in the USA last year. The franchise features gorgeous graphics, amazing art from Mel Kishida, and some of the best video game music out there. It is one of the hidden gems in the RPG family that perfects the franchise formula to a level that almost brings it up to masterpiece-level. I was very pleased to see that the sequel to Atelier Totori was announced for release in the United States.
The game will be released in North America this May, and it will likely be the last GUST game that is published by NIS America due to the recent company purchase of Koei Tecmo. NIS America has been good to GUST games, so if you are looking to play an amazing RPG, I highly suggest playing Atelier Totori and its sequel Atelier Meruru that ends the PS3 trilogy.
Official NA site for Atelier Meruru
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia gets Anime on Spring 2012
The manga follows the adventures Niiya Teiichi, a freshman in high school and his friend Yuuko. She is a beautiful long haired well-endowed girl who is very clingy to Niiya. The issue, Yuuko is dead and she is a ghost haunting the hall of the high school that Niiya is attending. Together Niiya and Yuuko form a paranormal research club with the intention of finding out the ghostly secrets of the high school, and to determine the cause of Yuuko's death.
The franchise is full of nudity and fanservice, so I can imagine that this will be very popular when it is released in anime form.
Riverside Lunar Festival 2012 Cosplay Fashion Show Tidbits
Cosplay Gathering - Starts at 2pm
- Pagoda between the Library and Mission Inn
- Gathering starts at 2pm, but feel free to arrive earlier
- I will be there to give AX Hatsune Miku poster and AX 2012 postcards
Cosplay Fashion Show - 3:10pm - 4:10pm
- At the Library stage in front of Riverside Library
- Master of Ceremonies are Anime Expo's Richard Phon and Samuel Wall
- Free T-shirts given to all fashion show participants
- Maximum number of entries are 50 total
- If you are participating, sign page 2 and 3 of this waiver and a white sheet of paper detailing real name/stage name, cosplay character, cosplay series. I will have 40 copies on hand at the cosplay gathering.
- When you submit the forms, we will give you an entry number and you can place the sticker anywhere so that you remember your position.
- There will be two parts: single walk where you walk, pose, and then walk back to stage right. All cosplayers walk up in the end for a group photo and applause
At 6:30pm the night sky will light up with an amazing fireworks show to end the Lunar Festival, so if you can stay that long, enjoy the fireworks.
Feel free to get more information from the cosplay.com thread or our facebook page. From here I fully intend to make this a bigger event in the future, so any help from the cosplay community is greatly valued.
2012 Performance Schedule
Riverside Lunar Festival Website